Positive exhaled pressure therapy is recommended for patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), chronic bronchitis, cystic fibrosis, atelectasis or other conditions that cause secretory stasis.
Threshold PEP consists of a durable plastic housing with a non-return valve with a spring that can be used to set an exhalation pressure at a certain, constant level (5-20 cm H20 column) as directed by your doctor. The Threshold PEP Kit also comes with a mouthpiece and a nose clip.
Key Features of Threshold PEP:
• Prevents secretion accumulation and improves secretion
• Prevents atelectasis (alveolar collapse)
• Improves central and peripheral airway functions
• Improves gas exchange
• Promotes proper breathing habits
• Optimizes bronchodilation by combining the device with a compressor inhaler or metered-dose inhaler
• Can be used in any position
• Easy to use and easy to care for